Received a returned item that isn’t in the condition you shipped it in? We’re here for you. Reach out to us within 24 hours of confirmed delivery to have your claim reviewed. We’re happy to help.
Once our Returns Team receives your request, we will ask you to provide photos to support your claim.
If you contact Mercari past the 24 hour period, the return will be considered completed and we won’t be able to process the claim.
We might approve a claim for any of the following reasons:
- If you reach out within 24 hours of confirmed delivery with photographic evidence that:
- The item was received in a different condition than the buyer received it
- The return was damaged in transit on the way back to you
We might deny a claim for any of the following reasons:
- If we aren’t contacted within 24 hours of confirmed delivery.
- We check the return tracking information to determine when the item was delivered back to you.
- If conclusive photos are not provided within 24 hours of our request.
- After 24 hours, we can’t verify that the item is in the same condition as when it was delivered to you.
- If the item is determined to be in the same condition as when the buyer received it.
- We collect photos from buyers for every return we process in order to keep a record of your return every step of the way just in case there are any discrepancies and we need to compare.
- If a seller’s account isn’t in good standing.
- If you’re not abiding by our marketplace guidelines/terms of service, we won’t be able to honor any claims for you.
- If an incorrect item is shipped to the buyer.
- We can’t cover items that weren’t documented in your original listing. If you send out a wrong item to your buyer, that item won’t be covered.
- If your item or transaction is considered prohibited.
- You can always review our guidelines here: Marketplace Guidelines.
Note: Mercari also reserves the right to approve or deny claims at their discretion.