We offer low, fixed rates with USPS, FedEx, UPS Ground, or Mercari Pack and Ship at The UPS Store for packages weighing up to 150 lbs—with a maximum length of 45” and the second longest side not exceeding 20”. These rates offer an average of 30% savings compared to the retail pricing of each carrier. If your package weighs more than 150 pounds (or exceeds the 45” size limit), you’ll need to ship it on your own.
Note that sellers in Hawaii or Alaska won’t be able to use FedEx prepaid shipping labels. In addition, buyers in Hawaii or Alaska won’t be able to buy items from sellers using FedEx prepaid shipping labels. You can message the seller to see if they can change the shipping option to USPS.
When possible, our app suggests a shipping weight range based on similar items that shipped in the past. Shipping weight includes the weight of your item, your packaging, and the size of the box. To determine the correct label weight: length x width x height = total volume / 139 average standard shipping divisor. If your listing is made up of multiple items, you will need to edit shipping and provide the total weight for all your items (aka bundle). Our shipping recommendation may not be perfect due to the uniqueness of each listing, so please make sure to edit your shipping options accordingly.
If you ship a package that exceeds the size and weight limits on the label, you’ll be responsible for the overage fees and will not qualify for Shipping Protection. Additional shipping fees will be deducted from your Mercari balance.
Mercari Shipping Options:
Every Mercari prepaid label includes $200 Shipping Protection. To qualify for Shipping Protection
- you used a Mercari label
- label was scanned by carrier no later than 3 days from purchase date
- label weight is equal to or greater than actual weight (to be safe, you’re protected if you use Mercari’s shipping recommendation)
- you safely package the item and used the right packing materials
- package does not exceed 45” (longest side) x 20” (second longest side)
- the item is prohibited according to Mercari’s terms and conditions or according to carrier’s guidelines
- you did not ship hazardous materials
- your account is in good standing
- Shipping Protection does not apply if Mercari incurs additional shipping charges for postage due, including oversized and/or overweight packages
- Shipping Protection is not applicable for denied Returns
- Shipping Protection is not applicable to Sellers for returned items
- Shipping Protection doesn’t apply to Mercari prepaid labels with old shipping prices