We’ve got you covered. Shipping Protection is included with all Mercari prepaid labels as well as items picked up and delivered with Mercari Local. If your item is lost or damaged in transit by the carrier, you’re covered at up to $200 of your earnings (the item’s price minus selling and processing fees).
Please follow this checklist to ensure you’re covered:
- The order has been shipped using a Mercari prepaid shipping label or was delivered with Mercari Local
- The order was shipped within 3 business days from the purchase date and has been scanned by the carrier
- The package weight is less than or equal to the label (H x W x L / 139 shipping divisor)
- The package size is less than 45” (longest side) x 20” (second longest side)
- The order was safely packed and complies with both Mercari and the carrier’s Shipping Guidelines
- The package wasn’t labeled as “hazardous”
- The item is not prohibited according to Mercari’s Terms of Service or Mercari’s Prohibited Item Policy
- The order has a “pending” delivery status and has not been rated by the buyer
- For lost items, your support request needs to be filed 7 - 14 business days from the last shipment scan as provided by the carrier
- For items damaged in transit, you’ll need to file a support request within 3 calendar days from the delivery date. Please do not file a claim with the carrier.
- Any damage occurred during transit (Damaged items deemed hazardous by Mercari may not be returned)
- Package drop-off was with the correct carrier
- Your account is in good standing
Mercari may change Shipping Protection criteria from time to time. Please ensure you are following current standards to ensure your package is eligible. Shipping claims can take up to 2 weeks to resolve. The maximum reimbursement will not exceed the value of the item’s sale profit, up to $200.
See carrier websites for more information:
See additional useful information: